Importing GPX Files from Other Geo Trackers
You can now import GPX files from external geo trackers or other geo tracker apps in PhotoMap. Just go to the ‘Geo Logging’ settings in the main menu and select “Import GPX file”. This feature is available on devices from Android 4.4 (KitKat). Select a GPX file from your internal storage, sd card, Google Drive, and so on. In the next step, PhotoMap imports all track points found in the selected GPX file. Please be aware that there is no undo function.
I’ve imported GPX files to visualize tracked geo positions from a South Island trip in New Zealand in 2012. This trip has been tracked with my iBlue Logger 747A+. You can do the same with other external geo trackers, of course.
If you don’t have photos in the same time span as your track, it’s a good idea to create a trip in PhotoMap. This enables you to view the imported GPX track even without photos. Creating a trip is easy:
- Tap on ‘Trips’ in the navigation drawer.
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon.
- Tap on the newly created trip.
- Set the start and end date of your trip resp. GPX track.
- Give your trip a name, e.g. “New Zealand South Island 2012”, “Day Trip to the River”, or whatever you like.
- Add a summary or a detailed description if you want.
Enjoy your trips!